Thursday 6 June 2013

The MOMMY Belly -Gah!


Yep. Self explanatory right?
Well wait...is it? I talk to SO many mothers on a daily basis...being that I work retail Fulltime in a "tween" girls store, It's not rare to strike up a convo with a new mom with baby in tow.
Whenever I hear a mom start to talk about how they have the "baby belly " or "mommy belly" I cant help but immediately want to compare notes! LOL well obviously we aren't going to do a "let me see who's is worse" scenario right there smack in the middle of the store! But I often can't help but think...There is NO way anyones can be as bad as mine.
 


So here's the deal. I let myself go pretty badly during pregnancy. I ate WHATEVER I wanted and binged like a mad lady! I am only 5' tall so my weightgain and belly reaaaaallly stretched out. I had two healthy happy babies...but my belly...is a saggy, loose hanging "purse in the front"  or "hamurger belly" - I never thought I would EVER be able to do anything about this. I've still come across the pessimistic few that still swear that surgery is the ONLY way to ever tighten up stretched skin post pregnancy.
A late night internet insomnia spell changed all that. I found myself on youtube..looking at Beachbody Transformations...and I saw that there ARE women that have had the same "let's see who's is worse" baby belly! AND they DID tighten it up! To this day I find myself going back and watching transformations to keep myself motivated and EYING the prize - I know its going to take HARD WORK and I've actually learned that it's about making a lifestyle change and setting a realistic goal....In doing so...ive come to see that it truly is about the JOURNEY not the end results. I know I know...who doesn't want to see QUICK results?!!! I do too! TRUST ME. When i first did Insanity, i was HARDCORE determined. I practiced a super clean diet, drank shakeology & did my Insanity workouts and the resutlts WERE really quick.....But I found that I was not enjoying food and over obsessing over not eating certain things. Now I see that the main thing is to choose healthy alternatives, allow yourself some wiggle room to have a "cheat day" and make a HABIT out of the lifestyle and working out. Before I continue to ramble on and on! The moral of this entry, was that we all have our hiccups, but its getting back into the game that counts. I have a goal! And I have SEEN that it is possible to tighten up the mama belly! That proof is FIRE under my butt!
So you heard it here!! I WILL work everyday towards acheiving those six pack abs! Watch for it!
Follow my journey so far......and to be continued



CURRENT PROGRAMS: Turbofire, BBL & Insanity
NUTRITIONAL SUPP: Shakeology chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment